My dad’s cousin got married last weekend and I was so happy I got to be home to see it. She is such a wonderful lady with the two sweetest kids! Dressing for a winter wedding is tricky though. Especially when you throw in the fact that whatever I wore to the wedding, I’d be wearing for the two hour drive back to Eugene immediately afterwards. I ended up really liking this outfit though! I love this dress paired with purple tights and matching flats. See how I wore this dress with purple tights last spring here.
It’s a good thing Eric took outfit photos for me over the weekend because I am currently in the midst of a week seven slump and, I have to admit, I’ve pretty much been wearing sweats all week. Hopefully, I’ll be super productive this weekend so that next week will be a lot less stressful. This term is going by so fast, but I actually want it to slow down because I feel like I’m running out of time to get everything done! Also, I’ll be signing up for classes again soon and I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. After this next term, I’ll be halfway done with college and I’m still not sure exactly what I want to do with my life yet. I guess I’m having a bit of a mid-college crisis right now!
It took me over a year to figure out that this dress is not only perfect for hot summer days, but it also is a great layering piece for colder seasons. I especially love how the purple floral pattern of this dress looks with warm brown tones. See else how I layered this dress for fall here. Also, this sweater is a little on the frumpy side, but it’s one of my go-to pieces when I want to be comfortable and cozy. I love the ribbon detail down the front and I feel like I was able to tame the frumpiness a little with the belt.
I wore this outfit for a coffee date with my best friend over the weekend and it was perfect for sitting outside without having to wear a coat. I loved getting a chance to catch up with her. We don’t see each other nearly enough and it’s always so nice to talk about life with someone who has known me so well and for so long. Sometimes you just need that.
We’ve been getting some sunny, warm teaser days lately and it is making me so excited for spring. I even had to turn on the A/C in my car to drive home last weekend! I can’t wait for more warm weather and sunny days. No matter how stressed I am with school, spending a little time in the sun always makes me so much happier!
With my birthday and Valentine’s Day a week apart and me going home for both of those weekends, it has definitely been a fun and sugar-filled last couple of weeks! Here’s a glimpse of what I’ve been up to:
1. Off the Waffle is becoming a tradition for Eric and I when he visits me in Eugene
2. I took the bus home on my birthday, which was the first time I got to see Eric on my birthday!
3. Eric baked me the cutest birthday cake
4. I ate lots of cake 🙂
5. I love getting to watch my brothers playing in their high school basketball games
6. Birthday presents! Eric gave me the set of watches I’ve been wanting and I’m so excited!
7. My roommate and I went to Sweet Life Patisserie for a belated birthday celebration – the choices where overwhelming!
8. I settled on this chocolate and raspberry cake which was amazing!
9. And then I went back the next day to pick up some cupcakes to bring home for Valentine’s Day
10. I loved this Valentine’s Day card that I picked out for Eric so much that I almost wanted to keep it for myself 😉
11. More sugar!
12. My uniform as of late
13. I can’t resist adorable Girl Scouts and their cookies (especially when the Girl Scouts are dressed up as cookies!)
14. Eric and I spotted the cutest kitty outside my house and I was seriously considering catnapping it and bringing it back to Eugene with me!